Railroad Forums 

• Another CSX paint scheme variant

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#184598  by crazy_nip

there are a few variations of that, its some kind of temporary before they paint them primer job

kind of like what NS does, but csx actually seems to make some sort of effort to make them identifyable

#185295  by roadster

CSX's power shortage has forced CSX to put the units in service with just primer and basic FRA required safety stripping for visiblity. This is the first I've seen with the CSX on the nose. Most just have the stripping and numbers. The most recent units have been released after receiving paint.

#185329  by conrail_engineer

Actually, I'd never seen a CSX unit in just primer. The NS was the one that was taking delivery of their Dash-9s in primer, with a crude spray-can stensil under the cab window.

The new CSX units were coming in more and more gaudy paint variations until they settled on the blue-and-butterscotch motif they're using now....for a time the new ACs had the "CSX" outlined in blue over yellow letters; and several with big banners: Celebrate DIVERSITY!!

That is now gone; but never have I seen a primer unit; and I worked on the line going right by the GE erection shops.

#197196  by Hell Gate Fan

I saw a CSX GEVO unit as well at ridgefield park NJ. this past Saturday. But it just had the safety stripes, the CSX logo wasn't on the front of the nose...yet.

#208046  by FireChaserE3

A NEW PAINT SCHEME --- UNKNOWN FUTURE