• CSX Fitchburg Secondary Discussion

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

• 153 posts
  by jaymac

~1130/05-31-2020, a sign in downtown Berlin advised that Linden Street was closed at the tracks. Was a passenger, so I didn't get to eyeball what might be there for equipment, but it does seem like production crew is being productive
  by Knucklehead

jaymac wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:57 am ~1130/05-31-2020, a sign in downtown Berlin advised that Linden Street was closed at the tracks. Was a passenger, so I didn't get to eyeball what might be there for equipment, but it does seem like production crew is being productive
Summer St. & Collins St. crossings in Northborough were both closed today (Sunday, May 31st.)for replacement and the tie and resurfacing gang was also in town today. Something (presumably B724-31) ran north through Northborough around 1515 Sunday as I heard them blowing for all of the crossings.

Northborough Police posted the following on Facebook today: Repairs will continue on the railroad tracks tomorrow, Monday, June 1 on Bearfoot Road and Pierce Street. Both locations, Bearfoot Road and Pierce Street, will be closed from 7am - 7pm, open to local traffic only. Thank you for your patience! According to the NPD, these crossings were supposed to be done Saturday the 30th.
  by johnhenry

Business seems to be booming for the new construction debris customer in Leominster. Just before 5pm today caught their trackmobile pulling a loaded car up the steep grade of their siding with assist from a large fork lift in back. This car was then placed on one of the outgoing tracks, which were full of loaded cars. The local then pulled past northbound with a bunch (25+) cars including empties for them and 6 empty lumber cars from Sterling at the rear. Lots of sawing back and forth to pull the loads ensued. I left but I imagine the Litchfield level crossing was blocked for perhaps an hour or so. Is the runaround at the end of track in Leominster long enough for this size train?