Railroad Forums 

• GTW GP9r cab arrangements

• Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA
Discussion relating to the Canadian National, past and present. Also includes discussion of Illinois Central and Grand Trunk Western and other subsidiary roads (including Bessemer & Lake Erie and the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway). Official site: WWW.CN.CA

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#550246  by Steph Dale

Hi guys,

I'm just thinking about building a model of a GTW GP9r and was wondering how the cab was arranged inside?

I'd love to see some photos but a description would be great too...

The specific questions I have in mind are: - Has the control stand been moved to allow short hood forwards operation? How many seats are there? What colour is it painted?

I look forward to your replys! Many thanks,

Steph
 #617489  by Engineer Spike

I remember Trains had an article about the rebuild program. It said that they reversed the cabs for short hood front. The photos showed them being the standard GTW blue and red/orange. I would think that some have since been painted in CN's colours.