Railroad Forums 

• BNSF Loco Fire at Argentine yard, Kansas City, KS

• Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM
Discussion related to BNSF operations. Official site: BNSF.COM

Moderator: Komachi

#209082  by UKrailwayman

A BNSF loco caught fire last night (Thurs) in Argentine yard, Kansas City.

Here is a link to a local news station. There is a motorcycle advert right at the start.

kshb.dayport.com/viewer/viewerpage.php?Art_ID=164750&Category_ID=5&tf=kshbviewer.tpl

#209165  by emd_SD_60

Woo hoo! One less Crash 9 on the roster! :-D (for those curious, the locomotive in question was a Dash 9.)

In the words of Artie Lange from the Howard Stern show, "FIYAHH" :-D

#209205  by route_rock

LOL that was great!!! Amen to one less trash 9! I have seen stack fires but I have never seen one get the whole engine room going like that.
Look for our BNSF "Hot shot" heading to a fire department near you . :wink:

#209463  by U-Haul

Thank you for that video clip. I want to model a locomotive that went up in smoke like that unit and this unit.
http://csx-sucks.com/pictures/?fire2.jpg
(I know it is a day late my computer was being RIP.)

1-28-1986 to 1-28-2006
OV-099 Space Shuttle Challenger

"We will never forget them, nor the last time we saw them, this morning, as they prepared for their journey and waved good-bye and slipped the surly bonds of Earth to touch the face of God.
Ronald Regan

#209508  by route_rock

A caption for U hauls pic " Holy SH#T that hot box detector never said anything about that!" :-D

#211030  by GN 599

On Nov 29th an engineer was walking through his power in Pasco and he spotted the BNSF 808 was ''not sitting quite right''. The fuel tank was inches above the rail. Upon further inspection they found one side of the frame was broke all the way through! The only thing keeping the locomotive from breaking in half was the plate where the fuel tank bolts to the frame that happened to be in the spot where the frame was broke. I guess GE is gonna completly dissasemble the locomotive to find what would have caused it then re assemble it and return it to service.
 #211411  by Komachi

Route Rock stated...

"A caption for U hauls pic ' Holy SH#T that hot box detector never said anything about that!' :-D"

... which sent Komachi running for his three-ringed binder to check the legality of that mildly censored word.

I'll let it stand for now, but will note that if Otto sees it and is unhappy, and changes it, or tells me to change it, it shall be changed. (I think you might need to obscure TWO letters in there instead of one, but don't quote me on that...)

Although, your post had me thinking along the same lines... the opening verse or two of The Bloodhound Gang's "Fire, Water, Burn." (The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire...)

#218526  by Komachi

route_rock,

Thought of this caption for that pic the other day at work.

"I know they said, 'smoke if you got 'em,' but this is ridiculous!"

Other odd ones that just popped into my head...

"Anyone up for a chorus of Kumbaya?"
"Anyone wanna make smores?"
(Beavis voice) "Heh-heh! Fire! FIRE!!!! Cool. Heh-heh, yeah, cool, fire."
(Butthead voice) "Huh-huh. This is the coolest thing I have ever seen."
"Well, there go our insurance premiums."

Okay, not my best material, but best I can do after a 17hr workday (and three hours sleep).

Thought I'd share.

#221594  by badneighbor

So much for THAT paint scheme!!!

that is a terrific video... makes a firefighter like me all fuzzy inside...