Railroad Forums 

• MMA B23-7 2004

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

#627455  by CN9634

These units arrived in early 2007 I believe. They started in service that fall. There are 6 of them (Not counting the Conrail 2000) that arrived, 4 of which were in ATSF scheme and 2 in BNSF. 2 of the units had newer style trucks while the other 4 had older trucks. The 2000 had its trucks swapped out with the deadlined B39-8E this summer.

Sorry to say you're the last to know man but atleast now you know so you can come up and check em out!
 #627477  by atsf sp

I'll be sure to get up this year. All I've seen so far for MMA is GP7 21 and two B39-8s 8525 and 8553. And two C30-7s. These would be really cool to see.
 #627938  by MEC407

The message archives are your friend, atsf sp. :wink: This thread will tell you all about the B23s: http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=41402
 #628253  by calaisbranch

I didn't realize there was another B23-7 that was painted like the 2001. 2004 seems in better shape though! My favorite of the B23-7s has been the 2003 in its BNSF Heritage colors. Also, the latter is the only unit I've seen facing south over the Searsport Branch lately. All the others are oriented for northbound runs.

Onto other locos, is there a C30-7 still painted in Alaska colors? There was one tucked WAY in at Northern Maine Junction last weekend by where the MMA yard connects to its mainline near the old roundhouse. Could barely see it from LMS, but it looked too long to be a 4-axle.