Railroad Forums 

• MM&A purchase of CSX Montreal Secondary?

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

#470533  by rrfoose

Did anything ever come of this? Will CSX be selling the lines or not?

Re:

#547192  by rrfoose

rrfoose wrote:Did anything ever come of this? Will CSX be selling the lines or not?
Well, I'm guessing since no one ever answered this post, and no sale has occured, that this has been called off. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how many carloads the Montreal Secondary handles in a given year?
 #551922  by Engineer Spike

The track has been taken up at Adirondack Jct. There was a y there, with the north leg part of the Adirondack Jct. control point. I don't know how far down the track was taken up. I would say that it was in the last five years.
 #561427  by Sylvain727

:-D Is that confirm that MMA has acquired the CSX railroad track between Montreal to Massena,NY ?
Is that MMA acquired the all the CSX track from Montreal to Syracuse,NY where in future MMA can interchange with CSX at Syracuse,NY ?

Re:

#614999  by scharnhorst

roberttosh wrote:Guys, if what you are saying is true in that the MMA will be able to exercise trackage rights over the CPRS to reconnect with itself at what was the end of the former CSXT line at Adirondack Jct, then that would mean the MMA would be able to use those same rights to connect with CSXT today, which is definately not the case. This idea has been discussed quite a bit within the industry and am certain that as of right now, the MMA would not be able to connect with CSXT.
FYI if this had happened the MMA would have had to dodge CN Traffic on this line as they got Trackage rights on the Montral Sec. all the way to Albany, NY. This has been on going sents the Days of Conrail. CN Crews recrew in Massena, NY leaveing South Bound Power in the hands of CSX Crews while CN crews take the trains North. If such a buy out were to take place the MMA would have a hell of a time geting into Syracuse, NY I've seen trains sit for hours on the Y weaighting to get on the CSX main Line. Althow this would give for some intresting interchanges between CSX, NYS&W, and the FGLK.