• Rockland Branch Discussion

• Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).
Discussion of present-day CM&Q operations, as well as discussion of predecessors Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Railway (MMA) and Bangor & Aroostook Railroad (BAR).

Moderator: MEC407

• 231 posts
  by Cosakita18

Noticed today's eastbound Portland local heading to Brunswick had three boxcars (two of them with CP reporting marks) mixed in with all the normal Rockland branch traffic. Any idea what that could be about? Or are those boxes just along for the ride so to speak.
  by gokeefe

Interesting catch and very unusual. I can't even begin to imagine who those would be for ...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

by Cosakita18

This particular local had lots of steel loads for BIW so maybe those boxes were bringing in other things related to steel assembly? That's the only thing I can think of that would make sense.
Last edited by MEC407 on Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: unnecessary quoting
  by gokeefe

I wondered about BIW as well ... First time for everything ... I was more curious if perhaps they finally had a customer using the loading dock in Rockland that was originally intended for refrigerated cargo ...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

by MERailFanJay

I checked the Rockland yard and there are no boxes in sight. Just whales and hoppers.
  by Shortline614

Quick Question! When does the contract to operate the Rockland Branch expire for CP?