Railroad Forums 

• Developing the air rights over Sunnyside Yard

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1420101  by DogBert

It is a great photo.

I wouldn't expect to see this project anytime soon. They only talk about building over Amtrak's side because Cuomo controls the MTA side and is against it. There is also a lot of vocal opposition on the ground since the report lies just about everything transportation related (plenty of parking, subways not overcrowded, etc).
 #1420182  by GeorgeF

DogBert wrote:It is a great photo.

I wouldn't expect to see this project anytime soon. They only talk about building over Amtrak's side because Cuomo controls the MTA side and is against it. There is also a lot of vocal opposition on the ground since the report lies just about everything transportation related (plenty of parking, subways not overcrowded, etc).
Yep, I wouldn't hold my breath for this either! But the quote in the report (page 6) is:

With the exception of subway and parking capacity, transportation in and around the Sunnyside Yard Study Area is generally available, accessible, and at or below capacity under current conditions.
 #1420220  by Ridgefielder

GeorgeF wrote:Yep, I wouldn't hold my breath for this either! But the quote in the report (page 6) is:

With the exception of subway and parking capacity, transportation in and around the Sunnyside Yard Study Area is generally available, accessible, and at or below capacity under current conditions.
That's like me saying that it's a great beach today with the exception of it's being 27 Fahrenheit and windy. The "with the exception of" clause completely invalidates the rest the statement. What has excess capacity-- the Q32 bus?
 #1544659  by Jeff Smith

https://citylimits.org/2020/03/10/immed ... ment-plan/
After five years of planning, Amtrak and the de Blasio administration released the Sunnyside Master Plan last week, outlining a massive, $14 billion dollar framework that will guide the future development of 180 acres for affordable homes, jobs, transportation, social infrastructure and open space on a deck that will cantilever above Amtrak’s Sunnyside Yard’s property in Queens.
For discussion of the proposed LIRR/MNRR station: https://railroad.net/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=167124