Railroad Forums 

• Silver Star Discussion

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1529441  by gokeefe

Roadgeek Adam wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:58 amAmtrak timetables back up other sources that Henderson NC and Denmark SC were added together in the October 29, 1978 timetables.
Thank you for finding this! Very interesting.

I remain intrigued by the fact that no photos seem readily available.

It is very unusual to be unable to find a photo of an Amtrak station. Let alone one that was in daily operation for 8 years. Trainweb makes no mention of this route change either.
 #1529454  by Roadgeek Adam

The Trainweb list is missing several. Henderson is one of them. Unfortunately, I forgot about Henderson as well when I did my work renovating the Wikipedia lists of Amtrak stations (open, closed, proposed and Thruway).

It was at Montgomery and William. The parking lot there tends to help.
 #1529461  by gokeefe

Yes, I saw the parking lot at the intersection and it would clearly have been there. It almost looks as though it might have been an Amshack (small metal temporary structure) on a concrete pad. But I really don't know ... And it remains fascinating to me that a structure of fair significance for that community in its relatively recent past is lost to the collective memory of the global internet.

Here for example is the listing for the small station in Akron which was open from 1990-1998.