Railroad Forums 

• HH660 needs help

• Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.
Discussion of products from the American Locomotive Company. A web site with current Alco 251 information can be found here: Fairbanks-Morse/Alco 251.

Moderator: Alcoman

#860439  by ICGinSD

Looking for some advice or a source of information on our HH660. The Aux. generator does not always want to work on engine start up. It seems to kick in first thing in the morning (especially in cool weather), but as the day progresses and warms up the generator will not work. We use the loco to switch a scrap yard and it gets shut down after each use, hence the problem. Any help / advice on this issue would be appreciated. Thanks, Matt
 #863849  by Alcoman

ICGinSD wrote:Looking for some advice or a source of information on our HH660. The Aux. generator does not always want to work on engine start up. It seems to kick in first thing in the morning (especially in cool weather), but as the day progresses and warms up the generator will not work. We use the loco to switch a scrap yard and it gets shut down after each use, hence the problem. Any help / advice on this issue would be appreciated. Thanks, Matt
I can provide some electrical maintenance material which may help also. Contact me off list.
John
 #888710  by k9bucket

Sorry I can't offer any help, but where are you located? I'd love to see an HH660 in operation. Can you post any photos?
Thanks !!