Railroad Forums 

• Cog Railways & Funicular Railways

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

#629929  by Trolleycar

There is 3 Cog Railways in North America

Mount Washington Cog Railway

Mantiou & Pikes Peak Cog Railway

Quincy MIne Cog Tramway

then there is funicular railways which i have been on in chattanooga ,Tn Lookout Mountain Incline Railway

I have also been on the Mount Washington Cog Train which very cool to ride.
 #630218  by GSC

Mount Washington is certainly "cool"! You need a winter coat in August to ride up to the top. Windy too, records have been set for the wind speeds up there. Brrr.
 #631867  by jtbell

I didn't realize there were so few cog railways in the US. I rode the Quincy Mine railway on a visit to "da U.P." a few years ago. I'll have to dig out my pictures and post them. It was built pretty recently, in 1996.