Railroad Forums 

• The Bel-Del

• General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.
General discussion related to all railroad clubs, museums, tourist and scenic lines. Generally this covers museums with static displays, museums that operate excursions, scenic lines that have museums, and so on. Check out the Tourist Railway Association (TRAIN) for more information.

Moderators: rob216, Miketherailfan

#22908  by obsessed railfan

Did anyone check out the Bel-Del excursions yet? They are having a railfan event sometime in June, might be worth going to.
 #22920  by Urban D Kaye

obsessed railfan wrote:Did anyone check out the Bel-Del excursions yet?
On the way home from a camping trip yesterday we stopped at P'burg in time to see the 2pm run returning. Unfortunately we couldn't ride because we had the dog with us. But the train was packed...lots of riders and lots of folks with still and video cameras.

Later in Easton we could hear the 142's whistle echo thru the valley as she prepared to make her 3pm run. It's been a long time since that sound could be heard at the Forks of the Delaware.

#22998  by metman499

I have been there twice now and it seems to be very well patronized by both fans and the general public. How long this lasts remains to be seen. Hopefully the trips generate enough revenue to improve the track south of Carpentersville so that the trips will be extended, which should bring in more money.

#25163  by Urban D Kaye

A li'l TLC...
 #25498  by chuchubob

Is the M-55 running on Thursdays and Fridays? The New York Susquehanna & Western, Technical & Historical Society website says it is, but I can't find a schedule anywhere.

http://www.nyswths.org/beldel.htm

#25627  by Sandy Burton

The Thursday and Friday trips with M-55 are not scheduled to begin until July.
 #25675  by chuchubob

Thanks. I was going to go next Friday.

#28304  by Urban D Kaye

It's worth checking out P'burg...caught this view last Saturday...