Railroad Forums 

• Custom Painting/Detailing

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#69699  by nick_anshant

Who does custom painting/detailing of modern locomotives? Looking for mainly lease locomotives running around on CSX and a few main road names.

#69800  by SRS125

just about every hobby shop has someone who paints locomotives for odd ball road names in any paint job you want. A few places that I know of that paint locomotives for leaseing companys are Pacific Western Rail Systems dose N & HO Scale Locomotives, N Scale Supply, Caboose Hobbys dose HO and N Scale, Internet Model Trains, the N Scale Division.

#69859  by Otto Vondrak

Just do a search on the internet for custom painters- and see what turns up. You're bound to find someone in your area with good quality work.

-otto-

#70028  by nick_anshant

thanks. I'm looking for HO only and Pacific Western has a lot of N scale ready to buy stuff but barely any HO at all. I'll have to check up on the others.