Railroad Forums 

• SP and UP maintenance vehicles

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#56692  by designkat1969

Does anyone know where to look for or have access to photos of railroad maintenance vehicles (pick-up trucks, etc.) for the Southern Pacific and/or Union Pacific during the 1950s, 60s, or 70s? I would like to paint some vehicles but have found very little information out there.
I would even be happy with photos of vehicles for other roads as well.

Thanks

#93927  by SRS125

go to this link http://www.northeast.railfan.net/

scroll down till you see the woard Maintaince (mow) on the left side of the screen click it and you will get a large slection of smaller links that will take you to photos of maintaince equipment from all over the U.S.
 #94325  by designkat1969

Thanks for the reply, I will check it out.