Railroad Forums 

• Rivarossi Bankruptcy?

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#35767  by metroduff

I just got a sale flyer from Con-Cor which mentions that Rivarossi is in bankruptcy.

What's the latest?

#35784  by Otto Vondrak

I thought I heard rumors of this too... which is why the 60' heavyweight cars were not going to be available as single units.

I have heard no firm details yet.

-otto-

#36002  by nkpyage

This is old news from 3/4 months back. It looks like Hornby of Great Briton will end up with most of the assets. Last I heard they are not buying the name or propertyjust the tooling, which they intend to send to China.
There was a whole lot of single cars made on the shorty pass cars that were never paid for. It looks like Walthers will bring them in under their Trainline brand. We will be able to buy single cars, definitelyGOOD NEWS!
Dick Yager