Railroad Forums 

• best track system for HO

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1254396  by 4400Washboard

I use Bachmann tracks (Did I get the spelling right???)
 #1254709  by Backshophoss

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" :wink: ,For a temporary setup around the tree.... Bachmann EZ track is great,
make sure you get the Nickel-Silver rail version.
Atlas,MicroEnginering,Walters,and Peco,make fine track systems in code 100 and code 83 rail sizes,
for layouts.
 #1256141  by JamesRR

I use Walthers (Made by Shinohara) Code 83 turnouts and Atlas Code 83 flex track - both wood-tie and concrete simulated.

Years ago I used Atlas turnouts, but I have extremely complex interlockings with tight switches and 85' cars being moved in/out and I found the Code 83 Shinohara to allow the cars to track better.

I have a mix of the old non-isolated frog ones, and the new "DCC Friendly" (isolated frog) versions - both perform equally.
 #1258371  by Montrealrail1

My tracks can be Atlas,and Peco in flex track sections
My diamonds are in Atlas track and all my switches are Peco,exept one that are an Atlas,but I will replace it very soon by a Peco

Atlas switch are a bit fragile and sometime,the blades does'nt hold on the moving part and make derail a train or cause dead spots and trains may stop on it,cause no power contact. Bachman switch are kind reliable,but not realistic like most on peopples would like to have and track section may give restrictions sometime,especialy with E-Z Track system,but they can give a solid base for running a train..

Atkas track section and flex track are easy to work with,holes are already made and only have to nail the tracks in place and you can cut a flez track section,to get the cuurve and the lengh you need

Peco track are same as Atlas,in section and flex track version..no holes are done in flex track,but I'm not sur for regulr section,if holes are made on or not..
Flez track are very easy to work,you need a curve,just do it,the flex track will stay with the curve on,without nailing it,with Atlas,you have to hold it in place with pins,before nailing them..

Wath I can recommand....you need a smooth running,you have the choice with Atlas or Peco..
you want to ear the clic clack from the wheels,you have choice with Bachman,Peco and Atlas track sections

you can still use flex track system,and make noth on rails,to make the click clack sound from the wheels :wink:

And finally..Rapido Trains made bendy tracks,very realistic,a bit more expensive but,a little bit fragiles,but very nice for full straight sections