Railroad Forums 

• HO Scale CN Steam raised cab #'s,decals?

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1254350  by cnj1524

About 5 or so years ago in railroad model or model railroader the was an article about a cn steam engine build,with raised cab numbers,
I think they were made of brass,Im trying to find out who makes them,if anyone knows or can lead me in right direction of these that
would be great,I cant find mag. with this CN Steam build in it,its a rebuilt brass ho steamer,Thanks
 #1254597  by timberley

I believe the product you're looking for was made for the CN SIG (likely by Athabasca). Info about them seems to be limited, but they are listed here on the Central Hobbies page:

http://www.central-hobbies.com/products/cnsig.html

Note the listing about half way down the page that reads:
"Brass Cab Numbers
200-10 CNR Steam Locomotive Cab Side Numbers - 'Wide' (100). $ 10.00 Cdn.
200-11 CNR Steam Locomotive Cab Side Numbers - 'Narrow' (100). $ 10.00 Cdn."

No idea if they still have them, but contacting them would probably be a good start!

CN SIG/Athabasca also made the number plates for the front of the locomotives, which I have used and I can attest that they're fantastic. Only nuisance with those plates is that you either have to shell out $100 for the full set, or find the group you're looking for (I was lucky enough to find a block that included the numbers I wanted being sold individually).