Railroad Forums 

• Railroad fonts

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1204728  by Snowmojoe

Just in case I'm not the last person on earth to find this....

I was searching around the web looking for the font that Norfolk Southern uses on their locomotives, because I am going to re-number the locomotives I have to more accurate numbers. I came across this website, which has downloadable font files for a number of recognizable/historical railroad fonts, NS among them:

http://railsimstuff.com/tools.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pretty neat. There's a lot of useful stuff in there. I see a lot of the logos and letterforms that are painted on the sides of the tank cars that go past my house, so maybe I'll get myself a little string of undecorated tank cars and make up some for the layout...

Anybody else ever do this? My thought was I could make up labels/stickers at Kinkos (well, Fedex Office now I suppose) and have them printed on clear vinyl sticker material, either as individual letters or as a whole sticker/unit.
 #1204745  by Backshophoss

Mico-Mark sells decal paper(1/2 sheet) that can printed on a "high end" printer,then "sealed" using a
spray can sealer/clearcoat.
Take a look at the Mico-Mark site for cat# + price.