Railroad Forums 

• Looking for details for building a model train

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1174468  by CinderSniffersJB

I'm not quite sure if I'm posting this in the right forum, but here goes.

My father and I are Live Steam builders (3-1/2" gauge) and our newest project is building a SD70ACe. We got a hold of one of the Genesis HO gauge models to get most of the dimensional info from and the build is going along quite nice at this point. What I would like to know is if anyone either has pictures or can tell me what all of the warning labels and plaques say all over the engine. We plan on making decals for all of the different labels and plaques and would like for them to read as they do on the real engine. We were impressed with the level of detail present on the model and some of the labels are actually readable including parts of the plaque by the hand brake, but many are not.

I don't know if it would make a difference as to what labels are specifically present, but we are currently looking at the BNSF paint scheme.

While we are a bit off from definitely needing this information, I figured it would be best to start asking now so we can start getting it in order.