Railroad Forums 

• Acela Express sets

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#7957  by rob5243

I got one too. Need one more business class coach to make it look realisitc.

#8099  by Xplorer2000

I bought one ,along with the extra cars to flesh it out tp prototype. I'm waiting on the HHP-8s now....

#8142  by mlrr

I own one. It took me 2 years after I intended to buy one to finally get it. I didn't get the actual train set but the individual cars/loco set to make up the train.

I just don't have the space for the accesories that come with the actual set.

I'm very happy with its performance. I know some people who have 3 sets.

#8272  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

who is going to make the HHp-8's? Do you have an idea? I emailed Walthers, and they said they weren't making Locomotives anymore for the time being

#8313  by rob5243

I believe bachmann will be producing them

#8564  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

have they given a time period on when it will be released? Does Bachman have thier own website? I went to goodle and typed in Bachman, and all i got was like bachman train sets, ebay bachman trains, etc.
 #9569  by acelaman

I have three complete Acela sets. Cant wait for the HHP-8's to hit the stores. I have a couple of extra Acela cars that may get modified into the Acela inspection car. Does anyone have an idea where i can find exterior photos of Acela car 10003?

#13023  by R143MAN

I know a pic where to get 10003. i am my self going to modify it to. I have 4-5 Acela sets. i like them and I plan to get more.

#13024  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

nice pic R143MAN, what is the enigne to the left? also, where did u get/buy your catenary?

ALSO: i heard from my local hobby shop that the HHP-8 won't be around until near the end of the year
 #13041  by R143MAN

Thanks, that loco is AEM-7 #907. The caternary is viessiemann a comapny located some where in Europe. Since I live in NY I used this site to obtain it. I like it. I got it from a site www.reynaulds.com. But the next batch I get will come from www.rocousa.com I think they are in florida. The HHP-8 is slated for a september release. So hold on just a little longer.

#13096  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

do your trains get power from the catenary or the track? or both?

thanks for the sites :D
 #13143  by R143MAN

You can get power from the overhead, but I chose not to, because I use DCC. I get the power from the track. Its just as good :D . Thanks