Railroad Forums 

• Do You Get Made Fun Of?

• A forum for teen railroad enthusiasts
A forum for teen railroad enthusiasts

Moderator: TAMR213

#105543  by texman

Haha, well my friends make fun of me for it, but all just in good fun. Their rather impressed sometimes at the knowledge I have about it all. Other than that, I try not to tell people in school. Thats sad about school for you railman, partly a reason I stay quiet.

#105851  by jogden

earlier this year, when all the guidance counselors at school were trying to have us make our career decision, i had a friend ask me what i want to do for a living. i told her that i wanted to be a train engineer. she was suprised! she kinda laughed and said something along the lines of, "well thats different!"

#106340  by stevo

this kid at school teases me a lot about being into trains
 #109194  by gitrplaya5u

i dont get made fun of because i make it a secret :wink: . only my best frend knows. he wont tell. he never really made fun of me thouhg. and just like texman he was suprised at the stuff i knew. i was like "so do you know what a gp7 or a sd40 or anything is?"
"buh.....no" that was pretty funny.

-zack

#124145  by Mike Walsh

Here's what I have to say to "do you get made fun of"?

WHO CARES? It's OUR hobby. If they dont want to be part of our hobby, their loss.

Why worry?

#124688  by jogden

[quote="insanerocketkid"]Here's what I have to say to "do you get made fun of"?

WHO CARES? It's OUR hobby. If they dont want to be part of our hobby, their loss.

Why worry?[/quote]

i like that attitude!!!

#124726  by AmtrakFan

No one teases me they all know about it.

#124755  by AEM7Fan

Today at school I wore a Pennsylvania Railroad of Museum shirt with a GG1 on the front. The only kid who kinda poked fun at me was my friend. My girlfriend thought it was cool though. :-D Usually I just get kinda made fun of by my friends but no one else. My girlfriend thinks it's cool though that I like trains and Amtrak so, that's definitely a plus.
Last edited by AEM7Fan on Mon May 09, 2005 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#125099  by CNW_4404_Lover

After going out to lunch with three of my friends on Friday, I actually got them to come to the tracks and hang out for a while! Was pretty cool (they're total non-railfans)

#130243  by MetraRy

i found that my friends are very understanding. My family members seem to enjoy making fun of my hobby

#131744  by CoastStarlight99

My friend kids around with me since I have a train website (www.trainweb.org/coaststarlight99) but its in a friendly way..I believe there is a Railroad Club at the h.s. i will be attending next year...I will deffinetly join it ASAP.

#134092  by Bucyrus6150

I never really got made fun of, I was always one to do my own thing and couldnt care less what people thought. Maybe they just got used to it after a while. Although I have come across the occasional idiot who thinks my interests (Trains, Trucks, Aircraft, Mining & Construction Equipment) are "childish".

#138823  by GN_RS-3

Being a 17 year old, junior in High school, I can tell you, if your not into drugs or skateboarding, your an outcast. I dont see how rolling arround on a piece of plywood, breaking your arms is fun. As far as the "Uh...Videogames" I can totally relate, those people are wasting their time. I will admit, I have one pc game I play, on rainy days when I cant run my outdoor model railroad. The truth is, the popular kids, will ammount to nothing. They are too distracted with being popular, to even care about grades. About 20 years from now, you'll run into the class clown, in a bar, talking about "the good old days" when now, he works at a gas station, pumping gas for 6.00 an hour.

another thing I'll tell you, chicks dig a guy who can weld :)
Last edited by GN_RS-3 on Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#140643  by Njt4300

Everyone in my school thinks im wierd for liking trains! well loving but thats a different story! I get to go all over the country becasue My father and grandfather love trains too. Everyone at my school likes to play video games or ride skateboards. I don't have time for all of that. I have met alot of nice Conductors, Engineers, and fellow railfans. I have had many of cab rides through the years. Ubnfortantly I amthe ONLY (or atleast the only one that will admit it) railfan in my school. I live on the Jersey Shore near the NJT Atlantic City Line. I am proud to be a rail fan and everyone of you should me too!

#155880  by green_elite_cab

no not really, ironicly my boyscout troop gave me more trouble than my school with trains. almost no one bothered me because of it. they though the model railroad was cool.