Railroad Forums 

• David Fink (father and son)

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#2674  by MEC407

Love 'em? Hate 'em?
 #3769  by Engineer Spike

I have heard that the term "Rat Fink" is from someone in his family. They were all PRR officials. They were known for turning people in...........

You don't have to believe it to repeat it!

#3832  by MEC407

The elder David Fink worked for PRR and then PC for a while. Not sure if he ever made it to Conrail. Also not sure how the younger David Fink got started in railroading. People have assumed that he got his start right at Guilford but I haven't been able to determine whether that's true or not.

#4247  by mxdata

These folks have achieved the sort of "fame" which will result in them being completely unknown a few years down the line.

#4291  by MEC407

mxdata wrote:These folks have achieved the sort of "fame" which will result in them being completely unknown a few years down the line.
I'm not so sure about that. At least not as it pertains to folks who love the B&M, MEC and D&H. Those folks will remember "The Finks" for a very, very long time. :(

#68568  by AmtrakFan

I have never liked Fink the Son because of his stubbernoss with the Downeastern service with Track Spped Issues.

AmtrakFan
 #90028  by bobw59

This is a real brief bio of Dave Fink Jr. from a Guilford press release in 1988, perhaps it offers some information as to his past career.

David Armstrong Fink, Executive Vice President - Guilford Rail System

After graduation from Northeastern University with a B.S. in transportation and Pennsylvania State University with a M.S. in business logistics, Fink began his career in transportation with General Motors Corporation. He served in various transportation and materials management positions in Detroit, MI, Kansas City, KS and Los Angeles, CA.

In 1988, Mr. Fink joined Perma Treat Corporation, a treated lumber company located in Durham, CT as its President. In 1994, after the purchase of the Forster Manufacturing plant in Mattawamkeag, ME, Fink was also named President of Aroostook and Bangor Resources, a sawmill and electrical co-generation company.

This was issued at the time David moved to GRS along with all the other changes when Fink Senior moved to GTI effective August 1, 1988.