Railroad Forums 

• Old Music Video

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#940731  by davidliverett2008

[quote="shortlinerailroader"]There was an Aerosmith video, "Living on the Edge", with an SD40-2. It has some good shots of the red engine but I can't recall the railroad. I have that segment on tape and it is a good thing, considering the direction M TV has taken over the past ten years.

It's from McCloud Railway. Or McLoud River Depending on who you ask. The engine is #39, an SD38-2. http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=2331326
 #1062459  by JD4

For BR&P,

The music video you asked about may be 'Let It Roll' by Mel McDaniel. The song and video came out in 1985. Mel McDaniel was a member of the Grand Ole Opry. Sadly, he died of cancer in April of last year 2011. You can see the video on YouTube. Just search the name and song title.
 #1076874  by GSC

RockSet's "Free Ride" was shot on the Strasburg RR. 2-10-0 #90 was seen running around the train from inside of the coaches.

Rod Stewart's "Downtown Train" was shot at NJT's Hoboken Terminal. Some guys I know who work for NJT watched them shoot it.

John Mellencamp's "Little Pink Houses" had a UP freight in one shot.