Railroad Forums 

• MY CONDITIONAL OFFER

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#932435  by pianoman5

So I went to an interview in South Dakota.. I stayed a day after my interview and as im about to board a plane my phone ring and I got a Conditional Offer.. i gladly accepted. HERE is where it gets sticky.. I have a dui and they know it.. They said they cant take me if im on probation.. I told the ladie im not sure if i am.. She told me that she will do a background check on me.. But she said she might not let me know if i got the job or not..
So my question is.. How long does it take after you get the offer to get a response?
 #943717  by drewg350

Pianoman, what ever happened? Did you clear the background check, and if so, do you have a class date or have you started training? Were you hired for Aberdeen, South Dakota? I was invited to a recruitment session on Thursday, June 9th for Aberdeen. I went and received my "conditional offer" last week. I'm in the process of completing the physical, background check, etc...as my class start date is scheduled for July 11. Please post. Thanks !!!
 #943878  by KV1guy

Im sorry, but I dont mean to be rude....but how can you not know if your on probation or not?!! She probably told you she may or not get back to you cause the way you made your status sound, she could prob find out more about you than what you seem to know about yourself.
 #944995  by drewg350

Jayjay1213 wrote:Got tired of NS that quick?

Oh yea !!! That and New Jersey (LOL).
 #945169  by Georgia Railroader

drewg350 wrote:

I hope for your sake NS wont hold you to the whole we'll make you pay us back if you quit and go to another class 1 rr thing.
You didn't stay long, disliked it that much huh?
 #945197  by drewg350

Georgia Railroader wrote:
drewg350 wrote:

I hope for your sake NS wont hold you to the whole we'll make you pay us back if you quit and go to another class 1 rr thing.
You didn't stay long, disliked it that much huh?
No problem with "worrying about paying us back for training, etc..." I got that in writing. I can't really disclose the situation that made me choose to leave, however, let's just say it was on mutual grounds. I was involved in an incident and testifying for the company against two crew members was "not in my DNA". Nuff said !!!
 #945285  by Georgia Railroader

That's good, I always wondered if it was just a scare tactic anyways. As for the other part of your post, I understand. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do. Good luck with BNSF.