Railroad Forums 

• NEW BOOK: Mike Bednar's LV Facilities Vol 1

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#505900  by Rich T

Mike Bednar's Lehigh Valley Facilities Vol 1 New York Division published by Morning Sun is expected to be on the shelves February 21 or 22, 2008.

Coverage starts 27th Street Yard in Manhattan to Packerton.

#506489  by GOLDEN-ARM

Awesome news. I've got mine reserved, and will be waiting to see it. The Valley guys are really geting some good stuff, and let's hope it keeps on coming........ :-D

If you want a copy, "my guy" gets them to you, at 20% off list price. Try him here, if you're interested: [email protected]
Last edited by GOLDEN-ARM on Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

#506497  by charlie6017

It's on my wish list!!

I also hope he writes a similar book on the Wyoming and Buffalo divisions as well (sometime soon!). ;-)

#506521  by CAR_FLOATER

Guys, just picked mine up 20 minutes ago here in Joisey....I'm still in a daze after seeing the good stuff contained within.......Will report back with a "review" if any cares to read it, that is....

CF

#506534  by GOLDEN-ARM

CF, make sure you title thar review, with a "spoiler alert", so I don't accidentally read it. Mine won't arrive, until tuesday......... :P

#506571  by CAR_FLOATER

Oh don't worry, I won't spoil it fer ya.......

Just started to really READ it, and not just drool over the pictures.......Darn thing leaves me asking more questions about the RR east of O.I. that I never thought to ask Freddy W. about until now, mostly because I never saw photos of the buildings and locations before now!

CF
Last edited by CAR_FLOATER on Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#506582  by GOLDEN-ARM

Yard offices, at least one station, Towers, many gantry cranes, car float bridges, LCL warehouse, carpenters shops, machinist shops, marine stores (another word for shops) etc. Yep, there was a lot of stuff going on, just east of Upper Bay bridge, ya know...... Ben and Fred probably produced the most pictures, in the post 1960 era, of that area. I'm getting restless, waiting for mine to arrive....... :(

#510916  by Andyt293

I had the pleasure of meeting Mike at the Allentown Train Meet the Sunday before last. He graciously signed and dedicated the book to my son. I believe he told me that book two was ready to go to the printers and book three was well underway. I'm pretty sure that is the gist of what he said. Then again, I had a two year old who wanted to go back and watch the train layouts and was tugging on Daddy's leg.