Railroad Forums 

• New pics of LV 119!

• Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.
Discussion related to the Lehigh Valley Railroad and predecessors for the period 1846-1976. Originally incorporated as the Delaware, Lehigh, Schuylkill and Susquehanna Railroad Company.

Moderator: scottychaos

#210717  by scottychaos

sweet! :P
they are planning to repaint her this year!
thanks Jack for the pics!
Scot

#211002  by GOLDEN-ARM

Looks great, Scot. Any info on who owns her, and what repaint is in mind for the old gal? :wink:

#211066  by scottychaos

check out this thread:

http://rypn.sunserver.com/forum/viewtop ... _view=flat

(edit..very odd, I dont know why those URL tags arent working properly..they are written correctly..I guess you will have to cut and paste the URL)

and you will know everything I know..

Jack Siffert has rescued 119 from a likely scrapping!
He works in an area of the old steel mill complex..the locomotive was owned by a different company in the complex..
He got posession of the loco, and is now looking to possibly paint it and get it running...but! he also wants to find a home for 119!
She needs a permanant museum or historical society home..

she is safe for now, in the hands of a "temporary foster parent" if you will.. but still looking for a home..
thats how I understand the situation..

I dont know what scheme he plans to repaint..

scot

#211317  by Lehighrrgreg

Congratulations to Jack for rescuing it. Not sure of the feasabilities, they would have to be investigated further but I would offer him space on our display track at the station in Sayre. He can even have it painted at GE Railcar across the yard from us. He can retain ownership.

Greg

#442030  by GOLDEN-ARM

OMG, where are the pics?

#442143  by scottychaos

GOLDEN-ARM wrote:OMG, where are the pics?
grrr...Imageshack sucks! Image
dont use them..
photobucket is better (so far)..

lots of my photos that I uploaded to Imageshack have disappeared..
they arent supposed to, but they do.
I have stopped using imageshack for this very reason.
here are the pics re-uploaded:

Scot

#442319  by GOLDEN-ARM

:-D WHEW :-D

#444515  by lvrr325

power wash it and you'll probably uncover the original paint.

Shipping it anywhere will have to be on flatcar or by truck due to the friction bearings. That missing handrail is non-compliant, too.

#485846  by BR&P

Almost 2 years since this thread started. What's the latest on efforts on this one - any progress?

#485988  by scottychaos

BR&P wrote:Almost 2 years since this thread started. What's the latest on efforts on this one - any progress?
Havent heard much new..
119 is still safe.
there have been some people looking into moving and repainting her..
thats about all I know..
for now, nothing is changed..which is good enough news for me.

Scot