Railroad Forums 

• MS Train Sim or Trainz?

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

#395877  by SubaruWRX

I brought MS train Sim pretty much the day it was released (about to install it again)

But how has Trainz come along? first time I tried it I felt it was good but felt like something was missing (just like MSTS)

#417349  by PraiseX6

They both have a lot of pro's and con's. Personally I was never a fan of the MSTS but Auran has too many issues. Auran is more popular but that is debatable. Personally I say go w/ MSTS but I'm going to get the new Trainz when that comes out because it looks promising.

#417350  by SubaruWRX

PraiseX6 wrote:They both have a lot of pro's and con's. Personally I was never a fan of the MSTS but Auran has too many issues. Auran is more popular but that is debatable. Personally I say go w/ MSTS but I'm going to get the new Trainz when that comes out because it looks promising.
I might have to try it too.. I think Trainz came out near the same time as MSTS and since that first time I tried it it left a lot to be desired and never bothered to try it again.

#417371  by PraiseX6

I think you are wrong on that because Trainz Classic is coming out July 9th - MSTS hasn't even announced when there new version of MSTS is coming out.

#419362  by taoyue

SubaruWRX is correct. "Came" out. Past tense. Trainz 1.0 came out in December 2001, and Microsoft Train Simulator 1.0 came out in July 2001.

Train Simulator "X" only began development a few months ago and has a long way to go.