Railroad Forums 

• Problem with Routes

• General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...
General discussion of computer gaming and railroad simulations. Topics include MS Train Simulator (MSTS), Auran Trainz, Railroad Tycoon, Railroad Dispatcher and more...

Moderators: LIRRMEDFORD, 8th Notch

#239801  by gerr

HI all! I wanted to ask a question. On half my routes why does the game stop at the " Setting up simutation" and then give me one of those send, dont send error messages. I had this going on for some time now and those routes that are doing that dont work. Has anyone else had this problem?
Thanks for your help

#240367  by Lirr168

What routes in particular are acting up?

#240392  by gerr

NEC 4 and Marias Pass, NEC, Cajon, Surfliner(but I dont give a crap about that route), and LV.

#240478  by Lirr168

I suspect it may not be the routes. Does this maybe happen when you are trying to use a certain locomotive or consist? When it reaches that late stage of loading, it usually is not a route problem and, beyond that, most route problems are minor enough to the MSTS engine that it can run with just missing textures or something.

#240537  by gerr

I am not really sure about the consist, but its like it happens to me every time I want to run that route.

#240585  by gerr

I just did a experiment on the Surfliner Route. I tryed a different consist and found that the route worked ok. But when I tryed the Surfliner trains, they did not work. What do you think the problem is?
Thanks

#240630  by Lirr168

The problem is definitely not with the route then. There is something wrong with the Surfliner trains files. Nine times out of ten the consists are missing, but not being able to see your computer, I do not know if this is the case, so I cannot really tell you what do at this point. If you can tell me the error message your are receiving or even post a screenshot of the message (use Print Screen and then past into MS Paint), I can tell you the best course of action.

#240745  by gerr

Lirr168 wrote:The problem is definitely not with the route then. There is something wrong with the Surfliner trains files. Nine times out of ten the consists are missing, but not being able to see your computer, I do not know if this is the case, so I cannot really tell you what do at this point. If you can tell me the error message your are receiving or even post a screenshot of the message (use Print Screen and then past into MS Paint), I can tell you the best course of action.
Ok. I will post it here when I get a chance. :-)
Thanks

#241149  by Lirr168

That's the first message you get? That's odd, I will have look into that, I have never gotten that message.

#241183  by gerr

Lirr168 wrote:That's the first message you get? That's odd, I will have look into that, I have never gotten that message.
Yea. That is the first and only messsage I get.