Railroad Forums 

• Some A&A pictures

• All about the Arcade & Attica Railroad
All about the Arcade & Attica Railroad

Moderator: Benjamin Maggi

#178621  by nessman

Enginehouse gets a new door...

Cab for #18 still standing outside on jacks...

New "guts" for #18...

Tamper...

ROW looking pretty good here...

Ballast regulator??

#112 crossing the street...
Last edited by nessman on Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#179008  by Benjamin Maggi

Nice pictures, but I have some from last year and I believe that the door was installed then. Maybe not. That cab from #18 looks horrible! Does anyone have any CURRENT pictures of what the steamers look like INSIDE the shed. I was told politely that I could not take pictures the last time I was there, but maybe someone more closely connected can get access. Thanks.
Benjamin

hi

#428662  by thebigham

The door was installed about 3 years ago.

#428703  by Benjamin Maggi

The weather was perfect for those pictures. Nice! I will be there on August 18-19, so hopefully it will be just as sunny.

I just noticed that they painted the corner railings on #112 white, instead of the previous yellow. This must be new. Sigh... I just finished painting #112 with yellow railings, and now I got to start again. :-)

#428724  by admiralwolf

Yeah... I got good shots out of that (I didn't have a flash for most of them, so I'm glad they came out good). If I'm around on the 19th, I'll keep an eye out for you... you can keep an eye out for the maniac with the digital SLR taking pictures of the train from 500 angles.

**Edit** And actually, they did miss one of the grabs on the rear-end of the engine... left of the coupler, it was still yellow.

#428860  by Benjamin Maggi

I will be easy to spot. I too will by trying to take even more pictures!

#428888  by admiralwolf

I take half my photos for railranning, half to make homework assignments for my students. I must be really loved or really hated for this. :-D

#428889  by nessman

Fixed the links - enjoy.

#429050  by jgallaway81

You know.. I get to ride in General Electric's newest Evolution Series, 4,000 hp ES40DC units owned by Norfolk Southern. In fact, I ran the 18g with the NS 7641 leading from Conway Yard to Altoona, down the East Slope, and around Horseshoe curve.

And despite all that, I envy you guys back there with the quaint little A&A. Enjoy what you guys have.. cause you never know when life might take it from you. (Sorry for the depressing post, the pictures made me homesick for the first time since I moved to PA in 2003.)

#482074  by howie729

Hi, My name is Scott and I am a huge fan of the A&A. I found some old postcards which I had as a child and thought I could share the photos. Since I am new to this forum I don't know how to add them. They include 4 Post cards from the May 16, 1981 trip. If someone could help me add them I would appreciate it.

Scott Howard

#483213  by Benjamin Maggi

Very nice. I even saw a couple of #14 that were new to me!

#510143  by howie729

This is a picture taken by my late grandfather from the site of the old black top plant where he used to work. I am thinking late 90's.

Enjoy!!

Scott Howard

#510242  by jgallaway81

That picture would have to have been taken in the 1998-2001 range.

That date is based on:

1) The steam engine is running (I know, its obvious, but I thought we could use a laugh)

2) 18's smokebox is silver, not graphite or black.

3) Finally, if you look closely, the coach steps appear to be red-orange. That would be the primer that was used when new steps were installed after the old ones were condemed by the FRA.

For anyone curious, that is taken on Genesee Road, looking towards Route98.

God, thats enough to make anyone's mouth drool.