Railroad Forums 

• "Lurker" Thread-New Members or Those w.0 Posts Post Here

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#997002  by RosyBijou

Hello... New lurker here... New enthusiast... Glad to have found your forum--will probably be doing more lurking than contributing, since I've got so very much to learn... Found a complete boxed Lionel set (Lionel Lines Freight System set 6-21914) at a tag sale ($40) that runs like a dream... (except it goes so fast it flies off the track...). Someone told me its not a big deal, beginner set, etc... But I'm happy, I've wanted a train set since I was a child, and since this is something I've wanted to do for about 40 years, I'm not complaining.
 #997065  by DavidBOC

Hello all, i am a native of Cambridge and lived there for most of my life despite several years "in exile' in NYC suburbs when my dad's job moved us there. I am now retired living in Scituate (Old Colony Line) (and yes, i am old enough to remember taking steam trains to Scituate as a kid)
 #999064  by rhodtpr

I am a locomotive engineer with CPR with 25 years of service in the SOSA. Looking to retire in 5 years and sail away on a Bristol 40 vintage sailboat...in the meantime I like to keep abreast of whats going on in my business and share with those who are likeminded.

Cheers!
 #999597  by iainarchivist

Hi All,

Spending the next 3 weeks in Halifax NS on a visit from Scotland.

In order to get some rail photos, Can anyone detail the daylight times of both the Viarail passenger and CN freight entering or leaving Halifax and good legitimate locations?

Thanks in advance and apologies if I have not conformed to any rules or posted in the wrong section.

Iain Archivist
 #1000975  by JuliaZ

New member here. Lifelong railfan with a 3.5 year old train-crazy son. We live in Bellevue, WA, but now that he's not completely terrified of the trains he loves :-) we've discovered that Portland, OR, and Vancouver, WA, are both better places to watch lots of train movement than our city, which has lost nearly all its freight movement. Looking forward to learning of other good spots, potentially closer to home.
JuliaZ and Felix
 #1001224  by Jeff Smith

Welcome to all. Please note, I pruned the thread now; some members have posted enough times they are off moderated status, some were just checking in, etc. So I deleted a few posts for those who don't need "post count". I like to go back and look to make sure there were no "spam" lurkers who make the single post, then go back and add spam. By deleting posts for now regular users, I don't have to go through as much in my sweep.