Railroad Forums 

• When RAILROAD.NET came online

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#58153  by Otto Vondrak

The original starting date for Railroad.net, as started by John Stewart, was 1996. Exact date, I dont know.

When we re-released it, I forget. Maybe Mike Roque remembers.

-otto-

#58488  by efin98

I think you guys restarted the site on May 16th, 2002 or so and restarted this version on March 13th, 2004(give or take a day).

#59068  by Robert Paniagua

You're almost right, Ed.

The second launch started back in 5/15/02 and lasted until a bit after 3/1/04. Then the launch of this new forum system was on March 11, 2004 officially. FYI the John Stewart railroad.net crashed around March 16, 2002.

As for my total railroad.net appearance, I started posting here (under John Stewart's command) on Friday, November 16, 2001.

#59087  by Otto Vondrak

Geez, what are you guys, groupies? hahah - worse that the Sealab message boards over on Adult Swim!!

-otto-

coming soon- mike roque trading cards. :-)
 #59166  by Komachi

ROTFLMAO (Rolling On The Floor Laughing My A-- Off)

Personally, I'd rather have the Otto Vondrak trading card :wink: .

Hopefully there won't be any Moderator cards... I look too much like Capt. Murphy (but if I grew my hair out again, I'd look more like Inuyasha!).

"Hesh want Railroad.net trading cards!!!!!"

#59388  by David

Great idea!!!--Let's have Moderator Cards. LOL

#61840  by walt

I'll trade you! :-D

LOL

#62727  by Mike Roque

Trading cards...hysterical. I've imagined myself in many situations, but never on a trading card. Fabulous!

Obviously, you guys remember the dates much better than me, but phpBB says this board came online 09 Mar 2004 11:34 am. As far as when we originally took over RAILROAD.NET itself, I think it was in fact sometime during the summer of 2002...

#62833  by Robert Paniagua

That's right, you guys joined in the new Forum PhpBb System when it first came online on March 9, while most everybody else joined on March 11.

I also remember when you guys took over the Forums and the rest of the site too from John Stewart, that was in May 2002, when you created the second Forum system.
 #65018  by J.D. White

Otto Vondrak wrote:Image

Available for a limited time.
I like them. I'm just wondering if there are stats on the back and what they could include.