Railroad Forums 

• Computers, the Internet & the railroads?

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#282246  by Railfaninnj

Does a forum exist for discussion of computers, the Internet & their use in various aspects of the railfan hobby, such as scanner streams, decoding EOT transmissions, the BNSF ELOS system, & AEI tag reader transmissions? I run the Central New Jersey Wide-Area railroad scanner stream on RailroadRadio.net & wanted to post a note about it but wanted to first check to see if there was a proper forum for it. Even though it's located in NJ, it covers eastern PA, northern DE & southern NY as well as multiple railroads & subdivisions.

Thanks!

Jack

#282277  by Mike Roque

We have a computer gaming and simulation forum, but we don't have a forum specifically dedicated to computers in the context of railfanning.

I suppose the most appropriate forum to discuss this topic is the New Jersey Railfan forum.

I often listen to your scanner stream...it's awesome!

#282287  by Railfaninnj

webmaster wrote:We have a computer gaming and simulation forum, but we don't have a forum specifically dedicated to computers in the context of railfanning.

I suppose the most appropriate forum to discuss this topic is the New Jersey Railfan forum.

I often listen to your scanner stream...it's awesome!
Hi Mike

Thanks!

Despite the stream's name, it covers far more than just NJ as well as more than one railroad. But since it is in NJ, I may post a note in that forum.

I think that the number of topics involving computers & railfanning might deserve its own Forum. Just a thought...

Jack

Central New Jersey Wide-Area Stream @ http://railroadradio.net/

#282291  by Mike Roque

We usually don't create new forums unless it's already a demonstrably popular topic ...we already have a lot of forums.