Railroad Forums 

• Firefox Browser

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

#171692  by Trains

I just got the Firefox Browser and I noticed some things display differntly. For example this text box I am typing in now has really dark lines for borders. I was wondering if Firefox is compatible with the software on this site.

Also I noticed that for many websites the address bar has a little logo that represents the website. What is that called, and railroad.net should get one! :-D

#171699  by pgengler

I've been using Firefox (and Galeon, which uses the same underlying code, mostly) on this site since I found it, and I've never had a problem. I can't imagine there would be a compatability issue with the board; you generally have to be actively trying to make something incompatible with a particular browser.
As for the borders on the text box, I see black borders on the left and top, and medium gray on the right and bottom. It's a different style than the all-black (but thinner) borders I see with Internet Explorer.

The little icon for the address bar comes from a file on the server called "favicon.ico." I'm not the sort of person who ever notices them, but now that I think about it, what would you use for this site? It's too small a space for any decent image of a train, I would think.

#171703  by keeper1616

How about a crossbucks sign? That could be made small enough---15x25px I think??

#178804  by Otto Vondrak

You may want to try a different browser, but I'm not aware of any issues with Firefox. I'm still running MacOS 9 with IE 5.1, so I think I'm the low-end of technology here, I usually notice browser issues before anyone else...

-otto-