• Very Early 2020 Fall Train Show List For Upstate NY

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by lvrr325

I talked with the promoter for the Binghamton show and it's currently cleared to go with the venue, the liquor license isn't an issue as they don't serve in that room.

I also see on Facebook the Utica show will decide on theirs probably at some point between late October and late November when they would send out the mailers. Glad to see they're holding off as long as they can.

Just a few minutes ago tonight the Scranton folks posted they've cancelled their show for the fall. It was going to be Oct. 25th. "In accordance with the current state guidelines for Covid 19 that regulate indoor gatherings" tells me probably keeping the room at whatever capacity number the state picked out of the air made it impossible to hold.
  by lvrr325

The Scranton folks should have held off another week. A federal judge in PA today struck down the capacity limits and most of the other rules in place for the state, which I believe the indoor gathering limit (25) was what prevented them from holding that show. Whether or not they'll change their minds, who knows, if I see something I'll post it here. Worth noting places holding outdoor gatherings have been ignoring their limit (250) for months now. Been there, seen it in person.

I only mention it here as a reminder people should be waiting to the absolute last minute to cancel whenever possible. While NY judges generally side in the opposite direction as this ruling, things can still change to your favor on very short notice.
  by lvrr325

I found out last week the Bull Thistle club decided not to have a show in Norwich this year, which resolves the conflict issue.

It's kind of too bad, with an average of 15 vendors and attendance of around 100 I think they could have made that one work within current NYS rules. But that could all change on a whim too.
  by lvrr325

As expected the fall Batavia show has been cancelled per the GSME web page. That's basically the last domino to fall for major shows.

Essentially that makes the fall season two shows -

Fulton on Nov. 14-15 and Binghamton on Nov. 28.

I think the only thing that would stop Fulton is a snowstorm, but Binghamton it's possible if the city becomes what they consider a hot spot they'll be unable to hold it. We'll see.
  by lvrr325

Some updates -

Amherst/Springfield is cancelled for 2021. No details but I presume the same reason as many others.

Greenberg however has managed to get some shows going, with three confirmed dates and two tentative. The only one close to the coverage of this list is a tentative date Edison, NJ on Nov. 28-29. They'll know by Nov. 10 if it's happening.

The other shows are a Greenberg in Monroeville (Pittsburgh), Great Train Shows in Dayton and Indianapolis, and a tentative Greenberg in Chantilly VA (more or less a western suburb of DC). Almost tempted to do the Dayton-Indy combo.