Railroad Forums 

• 2011 CMSL Santa Trains

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#997584  by nomis

Jtgshu wrote:
chuchubob wrote:
We must cut nomis some slack; he tends to get some things backwards.
HAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHA
thanks guys ...
 #998086  by chuchubob

Trainlawyer wrote:Thank you Brother Skymba. If I mentally airbrush out that New York Central tavern and 7000, it looks very much like the train which delivered me to Court House for Thanksgiving 1957.
GME
like this
 #998201  by glennk419

wolfboy8171981 wrote:The only equipment allowed by Conrail is PRR 7000, CNJ 1523, NYC 37 Lounge, PRSL M-407, and PRSL M-410.
Nice to see 1523 out stretching it's legs. Any idea why operation on Conrail is limited to that equipment? I know many of the other coaches have roller bearings so that can't be the issue.
 #998218  by chuchubob

glennk419 wrote:
wolfboy8171981 wrote:The only equipment allowed by Conrail is PRR 7000, CNJ 1523, NYC 37 Lounge, PRSL M-407, and PRSL M-410.
Nice to see 1523 out stretching it's legs. Any idea why operation on Conrail is limited to that equipment? I know many of the other coaches have roller bearings so that can't be the issue.
Any piece of equipment has to be inspected and approved by Conrail. Perhaps some of the other coaches are approvable but haven't been inspected yet.
 #998507  by OCtrainguy

glennk419 wrote:Nice to see 1523 out stretching it's legs.
I'll second that. Judging by the photo from Sunday, the consist seems to now be the PRR GP9, the NYC car and the two RDC cars. Based on that, I am guessing that they're not using the CNJ GP7 at this point and time.
 #1001084  by PTRMgtSvc

You're Welcome.
When I saw you standing there with Julie and your father and Eric I had a flashback to a train ride when you were that age and your mother had to keep pulling you away from the locomotive. I'll make sure Tony sees this.
MEA
 #1004109  by waldwickrailfan

ConrailRailfan wrote:Nice photos, does anyone know if the CMSL will have another excursion soon?

Thanks,

Josef
probobly in the late spring or summer when service to Cape May starts up.