Railroad Forums 

• nj circus Train sched. ??

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#780714  by Jtgshu

I was wondering if they were gonna use the new Meadowlands Line for the storing of the Circus Train....Im glad they did!

Who'd a thunk that the line would ever see NS engines!
 #780742  by gravelyfan

While this time it was just a pair of D-9's, the NS crew qualifying run 2 weeks ago had a combo of ES40DC and SD 60.
 #780756  by Jtgshu

gravelyfan wrote:While this time it was just a pair of D-9's, the NS crew qualifying run 2 weeks ago had a combo of ES40DC and SD 60.
Snazzy!
 #780771  by OCtrainguy

Mike77E9 wrote:Great Shots Sully!
Yes, and a great late winter day, weather wise, to boot. I was unable to get out and photo the move yesterday, but have in prior years. I know last year, they had a pair of D9-40CWs last year, 9751 & 9704 as seen in Carlstadt on a misty and overcast day. NS power for circus train

In 2008, the move out to the Pascack Valley line had three rebuilt GP38-2s, 5618, 5615 & 5614 as I was able to photograph them at the former Harmon Cove station, also an overcast day. NS GP38-2s at Harmon Cove

The circus came back to the Izod Center in April 2008 and the move off of the Pascack Valley line had GP38-2s 5618 & 5614 as seen by the Wood-Ridge station. The weather was great that day: Wood-Ridge Station & NS 5618 & NS 5614

So by using the new Meadowlands spur, they don't need to use the PVL, past the complex, any longer then, correct?
 #781152  by sullivan1985

OCtrainguy wrote:So by using the new Meadowlands spur, they don't need to use the PVL, past the complex, any longer then, correct?
No need to close down Paterson Plank Road to march the elephants to the Arena. They unloaded everything within the Sports Complex and used one of the facilities own bridges to move all animals and equipment across Route 120. The only part of the train that was left behind in the sports complex is the elephant cars which appear to have been spotted on Track 1 in the limits of STADIUM interlocking right next to the utility grade crossing.
 #783231  by OCtrainguy

Will the train be moving today for its jump to Long Island or will some of the effects of the weekend weather on Amtrak and the LIRR delay it? Based on what I saw on the news this morning, things seem to be close to normal for regular passenger trains, but not sure how this train would be affected.
 #783342  by gravelyfan

Passed east through Newark Penn Station around 12:45 with AMTK 662+654 pulling.

The NS power that took it south to Lane and out onto Track 2 was the 9747-CRQ 8379
 #783357  by OCtrainguy

Thanks for the information. Seems NS is now using widecabs in lieu of the GP38-2s and/or GP40-2s that had been used on the circus train, which could also just be a coincidence with the available power at Croxton.
 #783507  by TREnecNYP

Oh man, i wish i had my railpass this month i woulda loved to see that & the look on people's faces!

- A
 #786324  by gravelyfan

Came west through Newark Penn about 15:45. 2 HHP's, the coaches and two flats with containers.

The two HHP units are just now heading back east from Lane (17:15) and the NS units are pulling the train north/east on the Lane Running track heading for Croxton.