Railroad Forums 

• NS H-02 - sightings and reports

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#315313  by blockline4180

nick11a wrote:
blockline4180 wrote:
washingtonsecondary wrote:Any word on an on duty time?
They will be on duty when they ARE on duty!! What part of this don't you understand?? LOL :wink: What would you do if this was 1985 and there was no internet heads up??? :P
Well, he wouldn't be talking to you for one thing. :-D
LOL, ha, thanks a lot Nick! :P

#315318  by washingtonsecondary

H-02 was west through Hackettstown at about 11:30. 3057 running long hood with 9 cars. Mostly boxes. I caught him again in Port Murray. When did the 3rd caboose show up? I looked back at my pictures from June of this year and there was only 2. Did this slip in on an H-02 awhile back?

So much for NS wanting to pull that switch.

#315411  by blockline4180

As far as the caboose is concerned I bet you it was trucked in! I went by there today and there was no evidence of shine on that siding. Not only that, but the debris that was covering part of the siding 2 months ago was still there!

#315418  by washingtonsecondary

Now that I think about it, you might be right. The siding was still pretty rusty.

#315421  by jprez1963

HO-2 through Hackettstown at 415 with GP40-2 3057 and SD40-2 high nose with 25 cars.

#315422  by washingtonsecondary

Another SD40.. Intresting. Probably means they will have a quick turn around and be back in Washington in the next day or so.

#315501  by nick11a

I'd love them to use one of the six-axles on the Reheis one day. Hey, you never know. But, I doubt it. Haha. I don't think a six axle engine has ever been used on the Gladstone- unless NS/Conrail has used one in the past on the Reheis H56 overnight runs.

#315507  by blockline4180

nick11a wrote:I'd love them to use one of the six-axles on the Reheis one day. Hey, you never know. But, I doubt it. Haha. I don't think a six axle engine has ever been used on the Gladstone- unless NS/Conrail has used one in the past on the Reheis H56 overnight runs.
King Nick,

Hate to say it, but I have a b&W picture of a EL SD45 on the P&D in the early 1970's... It may not have happened in the Conrail/NS era, but it happened in the EL days...Btw, would a NS SD40-2 fit through Summit? I guess so?

#315515  by Shark

Here are some pics of the NS H02 from a few weeks ago.

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/archiv ... 11&Page=11
Last edited by Shark on Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#315541  by washingtonsecondary

nick11a wrote:I'd love them to use one of the six-axles on the Reheis one day. Hey, you never know. But, I doubt it. Haha. I don't think a six axle engine has ever been used on the Gladstone- unless NS/Conrail has used one in the past on the Reheis H56 overnight runs.
When did H56 run? Never heard of it before. I'm assuming its abolished now?

#315606  by nick11a

H56 is the train from Suffern- the crew deadheaded to Dover and ran the train at night to places like Reheis. And yes, the Dover portion of this job was abolished a few years ago.

And very nice shots there Shark.

#317735  by nick11a

No H02 at Reheis this morning.

#317744  by washingtonsecondary

I had some extra time before work so I swung through Dover. The 3057 was tucked away with the caboose in the usual spot. There was a decent string of box cars and covered hoppers in east dover, so maybe they went to Washington.

#318099  by nick11a

Or it could be that they took off today on account of RU's incredible win yesterday. Who knows, maybe they'll even put some "R's" on the caboose.

NORFOLK SOUTHERN RR
DOVER, NEW JERSEY