Railroad Forums 

• Missed It.... AGAIN!!!

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1333804  by CNJ Fan 4evr

The Jersey Central heritage unit came east leading NS 20K through Phillipsburg the other day and I MISSED IT !!!! :( I was working overtime(against my will) and didn't find out until a buddy sent me shots of it. This is the second time this year work has prevented me form catching this locomotive. Other time was on a Saturday when it lead the Portland local.
This has been the pattern with the Miss Liberty unit. I missed it in Reading a couple of years ago,too. Hopefully someday I will finally hit the jackpot. Maybe teamed up with the Reading unit. Oh, that would be too much to ask. :-)
 #1334446  by kilroy

I feel for you cnj. Only reason I caught it this time is my a**hole boss laid me off a couple of months ago.
 #1371140  by BigDell

Been hoping to see the CNJ unit, no luck here either. The LV unit was stunning. SO beautiful. Might have to go on a CNJ hunt! :-)
 #1371611  by CNJGeep

On today's 20K, should be approaching Croxton if it hasn't arrived yet. No idea what it turns for, but it's 3/3 going east, so it'll hopefully lead west.
 #1371644  by gravelyfan

CNJGeep wrote:On today's 20K, should be approaching Croxton if it hasn't arrived yet. No idea what it turns for, but it's 3/3 going east, so it'll hopefully lead west.
Went east through Middlesex around 4:30.
 #1371675  by CNJ Fan 4evr

My chances of catching it have gotten slimmer until the longer days of the year anyway. Just started back 7-3 day shift after 8 years of nights 4 on 3 off and vice versa. Like the hours but hate the fact I won't have the extra days to railfan.