Railroad Forums 

• Scenic railroads in Canada

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Ken V

#211612  by febus

Hello,
It doesn't seem that there are that many scenic RR in Canada.So far, i have been in Vallee-jonction,Qc; I know there is another one In a OTTawa suburb, in the french side, i believe.
There was the Hudson in Vancouver, but it's out of business now!
Do you know of any other?
Thanks

#213182  by MissisquoiValleyRR

The Orford Express is commencing operations (RDC) on May 1st.
It will run between Bromont (about 75kms east of Montreal) east to Sherbooke on Montreal, Maine & Atlantic tracks.

http://www.letrain.ca/

#236800  by Dieter

The Gaspe Line might become one, if CFBC gets their way and pulls out.

If you want a scenic ride, you might think about riding VIA's "Chaleur" while you still can.

#237313  by ENR3870

The Alberni Pacific Railway is a great ride. Nice views up the Alberni Valley on the E&N Railway.

#237514  by 2spot

VIA runs a scenic trip from Victoria to Courtenay, BC and back in a day. The RDCs have run here for more than 50 years and its a one-of-a-kind excursion that deserves more fanfare than it gets. The trip is $27.00 Canadian (one way, taxes extra, booked 5 days in advance) making it a fairly inexpensive way to see Vancouver Island. http://www.viarail.ca/trains/en_trai_roch_vico.html

#269823  by Rockingham Racer

I just took the trip on Algoma Central out Sault Ste. Marie a couple of weeks ago. Nothing spectacular in terms of scenery, although during the fall foliage season I'll bet it would be.

#269983  by Ken V

Well, if you didn't find the trip into the Agawa Canyon scenic, with all its trees, rocks, rivers, cliffs, waterfalls, curves, bridges, etc., then you either fell asleep while still in the Soo or have much greater expectations. I think this route is very scenic, but admit it's much better with the fall colours or winter ice and snow.