• NYNJ Rail Sightings

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by johnd2

Does anyone know where the tank cars in the recent photos are being delivered to on the NYNJ ?

Thanks,
John
  by Ðauntless

65th St. for NYA. Somebody on LI maybe?
  by freightguy

I believe it's bio-diesel that makes it way out to Prima(Holtsville) for transloading. Some may be for the cosignee that is just East of New Hyde Park Sta.
  by chrisnewhaven

They reopened the 65th St interchange? I thought it had been gated and locked by NY&A? Are the tank cars the only interchange or is there more going on there? Will I ever stop asking questions?
C.J.V.
  by mainline

freightguy wrote:I believe it's bio-diesel that makes it way out to Prima(Holtsville) for transloading. Some may be for the cosignee that is just East of New Hyde Park Sta.
Bio-Diesel for Prima Asphalt is offloaded and trucked to Northville Terminal just to the north. Customer is probably Metro Fuel. When Calverton opens that traffic will head east.
  by freightguy

I know where you mean. Up until 1999 Prima Gas used to take LPG there with a 5 car spot. Until Tosco( Northville) piped it in from across the street. Ashame as of now Paraco in Riverhead sole LPG costumer left. If I was NYA I would try for Peconic Propane on Sound Ave near Calverton. They should try to move more with all the propane used out there. Pulver hasn't taking any cars since the Spring. Sometimes 2 tracks in Fresh Pond W yard were filled with tank cars waiting to head East to cosignees during the winter.
  by mainline

Greg Peconic Propane had contract with Paraco to offload at their facility. Not sure if they still do.Probably not. Not sure of year but the RS60 went to Riverhead 4-5 times per week. Last winter Paraco took cars 2 times per week. I guess all the LPG is being trucked in.NYA charging a fuel surcharge? Followed a daytime run years ago with RS60 to Amerigas in Wyandanch always a nightime switch. No more Pulver! Liked to chase that one to Bridgehampton. A couple of photos follow the crew back to Hampton Bays for lunch. Speonk for Best Lumber and Eastport for Eastport feeds. They were cursing if Islip Team was included. Bill
  by FarRock41

Hi. I was visiting NY NJ Rail today, and I noticed the switch leading to specialty plywood is not included in the track they are laying. Are they still a customer? Nice pics, too!
  by Ðauntless

by rscott417

I guess Yi Pin Food Specialties is no longer at 40th & First Avenue since they removed the switch for that siding, i wonder where we get our duck sauce from now.
  by rb

I always thought that was the plywood place....

Does anyone know if the bizarro siding on 47th St is still used?
  by Ðauntless

This was Plywood Specialties. It is now YiPin, who will get there cars in the yard. This was the last active siding on 1st Ave. itself.
  by freightguy

Haven't they been getting the cars in the yard for sometime? The same went for Davidson Pipe when they built Costco
  by rscott417

I just assumed they were receiving boxcars up until the switch removal because bing maps has a few different pictures of boxcars there if you spin around over the siding, could be old photos though.
  by Ðauntless

As far as I know they started getting cars in the yard earlier this year when they took the original tracks out of the street. That spur was super tight and in really bad shape.