Railroad Forums 

• NYNJ Rail Sightings

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
 #1002289  by rscott417

im really not sure who my cousin works for, from what i understand he takes oil tankers or barges up to Buffalo, thats all i know
 #1002399  by Teutobergerwald

Work brought me to the Brooklyn waterfront yesterday and I saw the 1133 coming into the yard from that sharply curved track at the south end with a mixed bag of freight in tow. The yard was full of NS and Southern boxcars, and I believe I saw a GTW box, something I haven't seen in a long time. 1133 was really puffing out the blue smoke, too. I guess nothing is going on yet down at 65th St. Yard...
 #1011923  by rscott417

After a failed trip to trainworld (not a big HO selection) i decided to wander around the yard and took some pictures. Not much going on over there, 4 boxcars and 2 reefers, and they added a 1133 to the side of the cab. i tried to see what was going on with the trackage in 39th street yard but the lot was filled with cars so it was tough to see the progress. I also ran into an old timer that was looking at the yard from 1st ave and told me he used to work on the tugs that brought carfloats to and from bush. i dont know if anyone else has met him, pretty odd guy but interesting at the same time. anyway this is what i got...
 #1013367  by rscott417

kamerad47 wrote:Nice Pic's !!!!! who gets the gondolas ???
im guessing a customer of NY&A since there's no pipe load on those ones. i was down there for 2 hours so i didnt stay any longer to see what they did with the cars they pulled off the float
 #1013588  by rscott417

I went to the thread "THE ULTIMATE NYA INDUSTRIES MAP" http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopi ... 15&t=86065, you click on one of the points and it tells you who they are and what they receive. I found at least 3 customers that receive gondolas, Brooklyn Resource Recovery, Gershow Recycling (2 different locations) and Meserole Street Recycling/Vortex Inc. I don't believe the gondolas were you used for reacher cars.
rb wrote:The bulkhead flats appear to be rebar loads--where would those be going?
Also on the map i found about 10-12 building construction suppliers that get flat cars and boxcars, it didn't specify that any of them get rebar so i'm not 100% who gets them.