Railroad Forums 

• High Bridge Line

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#685638  by RS115

I noticed yesterday that sometime in the last week or so (I suspect later in the week but didn't travel this section of Rt 10 as much as I usually do last week) flashing lights were installed beneath the cross-bucks on the crossing over Route 10. Don't know if they're active yet but they are uncovered and properly faced to be so. So, while it's still a little surprising to me that the next local road down the line (forget the name) has 4 quadrant gates and lights, it's nice to know that the crew is at least as protected as they are crossing Route 46.

CJ - any idea who footed the bill? County or state grant?
 #688140  by cjvrr

All crossing protection devices are typically paid for by the NJDOT or the railroad. I am not aware of any County money involved with that crossing.