• Official Maine Eastern Thread

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

by njt4172

Lackawanna484 wrote:The F40s were in Morristown today. One in the carshop, and the other on the service track outside.

Huge number of new wheel bogies sitting near the shop, prob a new delivery for the Comet service work

Where did 7215 go?
Lackawanna484,

Ok, then maybe the F40's will be working somewhere soon!!!

Steve
  by Sandy Burton

The 7215 is in the shop also, next to the F40. At least it was at lunch time.

Sandy
  by Sandy Burton

Tom,

The Alexander Hamilton was not in the consist of the train that left Morristown for Maine. It was already out on a charter and was sent to Maine upon its return from the charter trip. I have forgotten exactly where it went on the charter.

Sandy

by jhdeasy

Nice photos !

Last time that I saw ALEXANDER HAMILTON, it was sitting in Amtrak's Sunnyside Yard on Saturday evening June 25th ... other PVs on the property that evening were HICKORY CREEK, NYC 3, CRIPPLE CREEK, MOUNT VERNON and KITCHI GAMMI CLUB.

by njt4172

Sandy, All:

Can anyone update me on where the F40's are now?? I am out of town and won't be back in NJ until Sunday 7/31....Any updates are appreciated!

Thanks,
Steve
  by Sandy Burton

Right now they are in Morristown on the Ridgedale run-around. I would be surprised if they are moved very far from there. Whippany might be the only place, but I expect they will stay put for the moment.

Sandy
  by MEC407

by CNJFAN

WOW, Nice photo but I really wish that was my house there.
I am total opposite of NIMBY...
  by Sandy Burton

In the house behind the one shown in that picture lives a 90+ year old lady that would come out on her porch and applaud when the train went by last year. Now that is an anti-NIMBY!

Sandy

by CNJFAN

The elderly woman applauds because she knows railroads are a good thing for this country and she has probably seen the train go by there for years on end.
I applaud her anti-nimbyism.....
Last edited by CNJFAN on Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by MEC407

I felt the same way when I started seeing Amtrak's Downeaster flying through my back yard every day. Granted it's a different scenario compared to the Rockland Branch, but any time there are more trains running, it's a reason to be happy.

by pgengler

CNJFAN wrote:WOW, Nice photo but I really wish that was my house there.
I am total opposite of NIMBY...
I definitely wouldn't mind living in that house, in 1:1 scale (the picture looks like a model railroad; really well done, though).

by james1787

Wow, I had to look twice, almost looked like a model. Very nice shots and boy would I love to live there!

by BigDell

It REALLY is beautiful...
Almost unreal.
Very nice, very well done........
BigDell
  by njt4172

Sandy Burton wrote:Right now they are in Morristown on the Ridgedale run-around. I would be surprised if they are moved very far from there. Whippany might be the only place, but I expect they will stay put for the moment.

Sandy

Drove by today and one of the F40's was again being worked on in the shops!!! I wonder what's next!

Steve