Railroad Forums 

• Official Maine Eastern Thread

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

#137795  by njt4172

Pull Man,

Thanks for the heads up!!!

#137985  by kilroy

A schedule for the move was posted in the New England forum.

Randy

#138220  by HighlandRail&DEY-7 652

It looked great coming through North Haven CT . I had my 25ton locomotive posed trackside at the industrial park when it came by. Looked like there were some people on board too. It would be neat if they offered that as a charter trip maybe next year.

#138392  by Sandy Burton

People on board were employees of the railroad, including Gordon Fuller, COO, and Chuck Jensen, CMO.

Sandy

#138650  by njt4172

Sandy Burton wrote:People on board were employees of the railroad, including Gordon Fuller, COO, and Chuck Jensen, CMO.

Sandy
Sandy,

Are these F40's still going to be leased to Metro-North?? I heard rumors that Metro-North recently declined the offer........

Thanks,
Steve

#138692  by Sandy Burton

I have heard the same rumors, but nothing from the M&E management.

I think I just wait and see what happens. Business negotiations are none of our business.

Sandy

#141768  by DutchRailnut

there was never any talk by MNCR to rent or lease these F40's from M&E.
this according Chief Mechanical officer I spoke with in New York

#141785  by njt4172

DutchRailnut wrote:there was never any talk by MNCR to rent or lease these F40's from M&E.
this according Chief Mechanical officer I spoke with in New York

Hmmm, must be another foaming railfan rumor that got too belieavable!!.....I'm starting to get sick of them.....Rumorpace is partly responsible.........
 #142079  by MEC407

It has been 41 years since passenger trains operated on a regular basis between Brunswick and Rockland, but that is about to change. A rail revival will get under way in the midcoast Saturday when Maine Eastern Railroad begins offering excursion service four days a week.

Read the rest of the story at:

http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/busin ... tory.shtml

#142546  by MEC407

Joyriders on all-terrain vehicles are creating a potential disaster, though they might not even know it.

Read the rest of the story at:

http://www.timesrecord.com/website/main ... endocument

#143645  by Tri-State Tom

****That came as a surprise to Patrick Grover, who frequently walks from his Sanford's Crossing Road home to the Bath Iron Works Harding Plant — just a few minutes' walk up the tracks. He also walks his dog in the other direction.

"It's kind of a shock to be told that what I've been doing is breaking the law," he said. "In 57 years, no one has ever told me it's illegal to walk down the tracks. But I understand the railroad's point of view."****

I would like to enlighten Mr. Grover that's it's also illegal to walk down the middle of I-95 and to stand underneath the Space Shuttle just prior to lift-off !

Geezes H....and this wizbang is 57 ??
 #146811  by MEC407

#147135  by Tri-State Tom

MEC -

AIR, Hamilton was in the consist when the FL9's left Morristown at track speed headed east on NJT. Maybe it did a rental in between....

#147508  by Lackawanna484

The F40s were in Morristown today. One in the carshop, and the other on the service track outside.

Huge number of new wheel bogies sitting near the shop, prob a new delivery for the Comet service work

Where did 7215 go?