Railroad Forums 

• SD 45's seen in Olean.

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#513007  by Alcoman

Lehighton_Man wrote:
railwatcher wrote:On with the jocularity!

Will be taking the six axle trucks off of the SD45s and putting them under the RPPX units in Falconer. Transplanting the prime movers to make them C645s. A regular Frankenstein on rails! LMAO
Funny you speak such unit...Image
I got bored and mashed the 2 together. Thats what i produced!
it was made from a C628 and a SD45 :D
Enjoy.
Sean
Please! Don't give anyone any ideas!

#517729  by uhaul

I am guessing that an ALCo got clonked in the rear and got a Geep long hood.
More likely it has a 567 under that hood.

#517816  by pablo

Terry, it's not real. They're just funnin'...

Dave Becker

#518119  by Tadman

Looks like something that could have come out of CNW in the 1970's as well. They had a number of baldwins and FM's that met a funny fate.

#528300  by wess

So thats what a mechanical version of a tranny looks like. And I thought the BX-620,s were exotic
lmao
wess

#528729  by railwatcher

Well it looks like one of these rescue rentals (read as SD40 or 45)is now out of service, according to posts elsewhere.
 #569370  by kf7strng

I have personally seen the HLCX lease units on the dft (as someone mentioned they could be used for). However Youtube has videos of them running other lines as well. Basially, Like Mr. Burt said, they are "replacements" for the out of service alco Units. Helm Leasing Units I have seem include are :6505,6510,6320,7201. Are there 5 of them?, If so, Whic one am i missing? Also, the commonet from the "magazine" about the EMLX units? I have seen 2 of the SD90 MACS in Bradford Running on the B&P. But this is the WNY&P family board, so that's all I am going to say about them. Not sure about the "dead" lease unint mentioned in april. Not sure if i saw it or not.

Mr.Burt, not sure of your curret status with the LAL family, but, has the WNY&P acquired all of the ALCO units it needs? I remember seeing a video, (again, on youtube) of a dead-line, Maybe NS's, Somewhere in Pennsylvania, with a fw dead alco units. Not sure HOW much a "dead" one goes for nowadays, just mentioning what I saw. Lets get those damned EMD's out of here! And. a little of topic, But, whic is the lesser of the 2 "evils" in everyones eyes? The EMD power, OR..... GE power?