Railroad Forums 

• LAL Howlett Farms

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#491275  by Mike Walsh

From what I understand, December 20, 2007.... At least, the south switch was installed then. The North switch has been in service for a LONG time, obviously long enough for Howletts Farms to be in use.

I am unsure, though, of when the existing SPUR will be connected to the south switch... probably when the weather is more favorable. I imagine there's more interest in adding more capacity to Avon yard.

#491698  by railwatcher

I watched the train service Howletts last week, they did not use the south switch.

#492352  by CSX New York

Hi Otto,

If I remember right (the NYS GIS orthoimagery viewer is down ATM), the 2002 aerials of Livingston County show the siding in place. (I've had plans to make the Avon-Genesee Junction part of the LAL in MSTS for at least a few years, so I remember having to look this very topic up.) I could've sworn that I saw a topic where the opening date was given as 2001, but I could be wrong.

EDIT: I found the thread I referred to above and it is actually from 2004. It is called new in the initial post there, so I may be wrong about the 2002 aerial.

2nd EDIT: Finally found the direct link to the 2002 aerial - (needs SID viewer plugin). Howlett itself is there, but no siding.

#492409  by Mike Walsh

CSX New York wrote:Hi Otto,

If I remember right (the NYS GIS orthoimagery viewer is down ATM), the 2002 aerials of Livingston County show the siding in place. (I've had plans to make the Avon-Genesee Junction part of the LAL in MSTS for at least a few years, so I remember having to look this very topic up.) I could've sworn that I saw a topic where the opening date was given as 2001, but I could be wrong.

EDIT: I found the thread I referred to above and it is actually from 2004. It is called new in the initial post there, so I may be wrong about the 2002 aerial.

2nd EDIT: Finally found the direct link to the 2002 aerial - (needs SID viewer plugin). Howlett itself is there, but no siding.
so there it is.. between 2002 and 2004 :)