Railroad Forums 

• WNYP working on Sunday!

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#438479  by Randy Earle

Caught a crew working Meadville yard today...SUNDAY? Power was LAL #424. I was hoping for a little more ALCO SMOKE but that's all I got. I left at 5:35pm and they were still working...went to HOSS's for salad bar and left for Ohio.

#438501  by EMTRailfan

Nice shots. LAL this far south? Nice to see some sister power. What time did you arrive at Meadville? NS C23 should have been there at around 1100-noon too (Su, T, R).

#438520  by Randy Earle

Got there about 3, sorry I missed the train. LAL #424 has been working Meadville for a while, it was there 3 weeks ago.

#438596  by pablo

Are the stripes missing or otherwise modified on the rear end of 424? They look like a solid mass of yellow on the flat surface.

Dave Becker

#438721  by Randy Earle

Otto Vondrak wrote:Randy, great shots and thanks for the report. Can you copy your sighting into the WNYP 2007 Movements thread?

-otto-
Sure, not a problem Otto

#439037  by EMTRailfan

pablo wrote:Are the stripes missing or otherwise modified on the rear end of 424? They look like a solid mass of yellow on the flat surface.

Dave Becker
It is hard to see, but it looks like a glare giving that appearence cuz the LAL family keep their units so clean. Looks like a chevron if I squint. :-)