MA&N line to Newton Falls status?

Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.

Moderator: metman499

RussNelson

Re: MA&N line to Newton Falls status?

Post by RussNelson » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:24 pm

The Newton Falls paper plant has been dismantled. Buildings are still there, but they're empty.

KC2CNY

Post by KC2CNY » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:52 pm

Noticed 4 pieces of railroad construction equipment on the tracks today (11.12.2016) in Harrisville, NY (Lewis County).

All belonging to Rhinehart Railroad. Safe to say, they are making some progress with the rehab project.

I tired to upload some nice photos, but I keep getting "The image file you tried to attach is invalid." If anyone knows how to get by this, I can upload some photos.

baldy

Post by baldy » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:48 pm

Anything happen with this rehab? Have heard someone was to get a load of tailings to see if was to be able to use. Did this happen? Heard this was to take place last year, but haven't heard on this board. Anybody know? 10 million for a rehab is a lot of money. Hopefully it didn't go to waste.

BillM

Post by BillM » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:28 pm

The photographs were taken July 2019. There are no customers on the line at this time. North is Newton Falls for reference.
Bill

http://s213.photobucket.com/user/mgmwcm ... ow/Mohawk1

Return to “Genesee Valley Transportation Family (DLWR, FRR, MAN, DL)”