Railroad Forums 

• New York & Stamford Street Railway-- Colors?

• This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.
This forum is for discussion of "Fallen Flag" roads not otherwise provided with a specific forum. Fallen Flags are roads that no longer operate, went bankrupt, or were acquired or merged out of existence.

Moderator: Nicolai3985

#453070  by fordhamroad

-what color were the streetcars of the NY & Stamford, which ran between New Rochelle and Stamford till the mid 1930's. Unlike the Third Ave cars, or the Connecticut Co cars, each of which had bright red and cream or yellow schemes, the b& w shots of the NY & Stamford seem a dark color. Was it green? The parent NYNH&H seemed to favor dark green colors for its equipment, including its streetcar like third rail cars.
Thanks,

Roger

#453077  by BaltOhio

Roger-

My understanding is that the NY&S cars were painted a shade of maroon. And after the NH took over the White Plains system from Third Ave. (renaming it the Westchester Street RR), it repainted the cars from the standard TARS red & cream to the same maroon.

Herb Harwood
 #453615  by fordhamroad

-Herb, thank you very much. I wouldn't have guessed Maroon. Before my time; they were all gone by the time I started taking trolleys in Westchester, though I do recall the TARS cars. Best wishes,

Roger