• troubles on Attleboro line, 2/27

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

this has been on the T site since 9 this monring

Attleboro/Stoughton Line:
Due to equipment problems, all Inbound and Outbound trains are running up to 15 minutes behind schedule.

Allow extra time for your ride.

what can be the cause of this? i remember the last there was an equipment problem message like this, there was a derailment in Southampton St. yard, blocking the main tracks to get to South Station,

any1 have any more info on this?

by Diverging Route

Inbound #806 (the "Mansfield express") this morning was right on time at Mansfield (7:42), but 12 minutes late into South Station. We lost some time slowing down between Sharon and Canton Junction, then crawled from abeam Forest Hills to Back Bay.

Then there was the Red Line this morning...

by Robert Paniagua

What about the Red Line, what happened there?

by Diverging Route

Robert Paniagua wrote:What about the Red Line, what happened there?
According to someone I heard when I got on at South Station, it had been nearly 90 minutes from Braintree. First, behind a disabled train, then a sick passenger had to be off-loaded.

by Robert Paniagua

Oh wow, that must have been fun.......(not really)

by SbooX

I have no idea what happened on the Red Line that morning, but my girlfriend got to Porter at 7:35am. By 8:20, only 3 trains had passed through the station (separated by at least 15 minutes each) and each of those was so crowded that no one could get on. This was at Porter. I can't even begin to imagine what happened to all those poor souls at Kendall or Central. By 8:40 she had given up and called me to drive her into downtown. She was over one hour late for work. Seriously.

by Robert Paniagua

That must stink badly, must have been signal problems as usual.

Now how's the Attleboro Line doing this morning?? If anyone has ridden it.

by octr202

SbooX wrote:I have no idea what happened on the Red Line that morning, but my girlfriend got to Porter at 7:35am. By 8:20, only 3 trains had passed through the station (separated by at least 15 minutes each) and each of those was so crowded that no one could get on. This was at Porter. I can't even begin to imagine what happened to all those poor souls at Kendall or Central. By 8:40 she had given up and called me to drive her into downtown. She was over one hour late for work. Seriously.
Too bad she didn't go up to the Fitchburg Line at Porter. Subway and combo passes are valid on the commuter rail between Porter and North Station.

by CSX Conductor

Back on the subject of the Attleboro Line delays, there was a broken rail or defective frog discovered at the west end of Transfer Interlocking. Supposedly they had to "walk" every train over until the problem could be fixed. All operations restored normal prior to the evening commute. :wink:

by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

how long does it take to fix a broken frog or rail on the busy NEC, like Transfer INT. ?

by CSX Conductor

Same amount of time it would at night with less traffic perhaps. They would have to take the effected track out of service with a Form D Line 4 addressed to the Foerman in charge and then get foul time for the other track. When the dispatcher needs to move something on the adjacent track he/she just requests the foul time back until the move has cleared. I would say they would probably replace it within an hour or two once they arrive with all the necessary equipment and personell.